From Boroondara BUG
Boroondara Bicycle Users' Group (BBUG)
The Boroondara BUG (BBUG) is a voluntary group working to promote the adoption of a safe and practical environment for utility and recreational cyclists in the City of Boroondara. We have close links with the City of Boroondara, Bicycle Network, and other local Bicycle Users Groups (BUGs).
Getting in touch with BBUG
Our email address for communications to the BUG is .
Additional contact details can be found on the contact us page.
Boroondara BUG meetings are normally held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month except January, and on some rare occasions.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 12th July at 7pm, in the upstairs function room of the Elgin Inn, cnr Burwood Rd and Elgin St, Hawthorn (subject to availability). Some of us meet at the Elgin Inn around 6.30pm for a meal prior to the meeting. Meeting Minutes are also found on this wiki.
Please report any problems or hazards you know of in Boroondara that need fixing. If you have a problem with a VicRoads road (debris, potholes, etc.) report it to the VicRoads Traffic Management Centre: telephone 131 170, available 24 Hrs a day - or via the VicRoads website. If it's a council road call the local council.
- Which is which?
- VicRoads roads are marked using black and red lines in the Melway.
As an alternative, if you have a mobile smart phone with a camera, you can also try SnapSendSolve.
- The Boroondara council has a 10 year plan survey. There is a short statement required as part of the survey and we need as many people as possible to complete the survey and mention cycling, and infrastructure projects such as the Hawthorn to Box Hill Trail and the NEBC. When you complete the survey you have the opportunity to attend one of their forums to have a more detailed say. If you can’t attend you have the opportunity to participate online or to attend one of the drop in sessions which are also listed on the link.
- The survey comprises of one written statement, and a few multiple choice questions. It should take under 5 minutes.
Older news that once appeared in this section has been moved to the News Archive.
A supplementary section contains rides calendars for various clubs and BUGs in the Boroondara area and surrounding suburbs. The supplementary section is not archived on this web site.
See the Rides page also.
Up and coming events
Note: always check the details directly with the organisers just in case changes or errors have occurred. See also our calendar maintained especially for our Affiliates.
Save the date
- Around The Bay in a day 2017 (ATB) is in 74 days.
- Melburn Roobaix 2017 was held on 25th June 2017.
- Ride On Stonnington 2017 was held on 17th April 2017.
- The first social ride for 2017 was held on 26th March 2017.
- SixtyRide Glenhuntly was held on 26th March 2017.
- National Ride2School Day 2017 was held on 17th March 2017.
- Super Tuesday Bicycle Count 2017 was held on 7th March 2017.
- Ride the Night (Melbourne) 2017 was held on 28th January 2017.
- Tour De Melburn 2016 was held on 4th December 2016.
- Great Victorian Bike Ride 2016 started on 26th November 2016.
- Super Sunday Recreation Count 2016 was held on 13th November 2016.
- Ride2Work Day 2016 was held on 12th October 2016.