From Boroondara BUG
Boroondara Bicycle Users' Group (BBUG)
The Boroondara BUG (BBUG) is a voluntary group working to promote the adoption of a safe and practical environment for utility and recreational cyclists in the City of Boroondara. We have close links with the City of Boroondara, Bicycle Network, and other local Bicycle Users Groups (BUGs). Two of the positions on the Boroondara Bicycle Advisory Committee (BBAC), which meets quarterly, are assigned to Boroondara BUG members.
Getting in touch with BBUG
Our email address for communications to the BUG is .
Additional contact details can be found on the contact us page.
Boroondara BUG meetings are normally held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month except January, and on some rare occasions.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 8th February at 7pm, in the upstairs function room of the Elgin Inn, cnr Burwood Rd and Elgin St, Hawthorn (subject to availability). Some of us meet at the Elgin Inn around 6.30pm for a meal prior to the meeting. Meeting Minutes are also found on this wiki.
Please report any problems or hazards you know of in Boroondara that need fixing. If you have a problem with a VicRoads road (debris, potholes, etc.) report it to the VicRoads Traffic Management Centre: telephone 131 170, available 24 Hrs a day - or via the VicRoads website. If it's a council road call the local council.
- Which is which?
- VicRoads roads are marked using black and red lines in the Melway.
As an alternative, if you have a mobile smart phone with a camera, you can also try SnapSendSolve.
Save the date
- National Ride2School Day is in 18 days.
- Ride On Stonnington is in 49 days.
- Melburn Roobaix is in 118 days.
- Ride the Night (Melbourne) was held on 28th Jan 2017.
- Tour De Melburn was held on 4th Dec 2016.
- Great Victorian Bike Ride started on 26th November 2016.
- Super Sunday Recreation Count 2016 was held on 13th November 2016.
- Around The Bay in a day 2016 (ATB) was held on 9th October 2016.
- Ride2Work Day 2016 was held on 12th October 2016.
- The Boroondara council has a 10 year plan survey. There is a short statement required as part of the survey and we need as many people as possible to complete the survey and mention cycling, and infrastructure projects such as the Hawthorn to Box Hill Trail and the NEBC. When you complete the survey you have the opportunity to attend one of their forums to have a more detailed say. If you can’t attend you have the opportunity to participate online or to attend one of the drop in sessions which are also listed on the link.
- The survey comprises of one written statement, and a few multiple choice questions. It should take under 5 minutes.
Older news that once appeared in this section has been moved to the News Archive.
A supplementary section contains rides calendars for various clubs and BUGs in the Boroondara area and surrounding suburbs. The supplementary section is not archived on this web site.
See the Rides page also.
These feeds represent the views of a variety of groups - some of whom we can relate to and others, from time to time, we cannot. Of course in this country, you can make up your own mind. Use Ctrl F5 in most browsers to fully refresh the feeds, as needed. Use key F11 for a better view.
To display feeds on your website, have a look here.
Up and coming events
Note: always check the details directly with the organisers just in case changes or errors have occurred. In the calendar below, click on the little down arrow (far right hand side, past the Agenda tab), to select your view of the world. See also our calendar maintained especially for our Affiliates.
To display these calendars on your website, have a look here. Then stick this code into your page. Search for new calendars.