From Boroondara BUG
Boroondara Bicycle Users' Group (BUG)
The Boroondara BUG (BBUG) is a voluntary group working to promote the adoption of a safe and practical environment for utility and recreational cyclists in the City of Boroondara. We have close links with the City of Boroondara, Bicycle Network, and other local Bicycle Users Groups (BUGs). Two of the positions on the Boroondara Bicycle Advisory Committee (BBAC), which meets quarterly, are assigned to Boroondara BUG members.
Getting in touch with BBUG
Our email address for communications to the BUG is .
Additional contact details can be found on the contact us page.
Boroondara BUG meetings are normally held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month except January.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 14th September at 7.00pm, in the upstairs function room of the Elgin Inn, cnr Burwood Rd and Elgin St, Hawthorn (subject to availability). Some of us meet at the Elgin Inn around 6.30pm for a meal prior to the meeting. Meeting Minutes are also found on this wiki.
Please report any problems or hazards you know of in Boroondara that need fixing. If you have a problem with a VicRoads road (debris, potholes, etc.) report it to the VicRoads Traffic Management Centre: telephone 131 170, available 24 Hrs a day - or via the VicRoads website. If it's a council road call the local council.
- Which is which?
- VicRoads roads are marked using black and red lines in the Melway.
As an alternative, if you have a mobile smart phone with a camera, you can also try SnapSendSolve.
Save the date
- Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews has twittered about the upgrade to the Chandler Hwy bridge - including concept video
- Bicycle touring - Adult Learner's Week - As part of Adult Learners week, Boroondara library service is presenting an information session on bicycle touring. Date and time: 7:30pm Tuesday 13 September 2016 at the Hawthorn Library
- Yarra Council, after a long session, passed a motion to proceed with the Rushall Reserve Path which when completed will mean that cyclists will be able to ride past the Rushall station without going through the dreaded underpass.
- Vicroads have awarded the contact for the final stage of the Darebin-Yarra Link.
- BBUG is refreshing all the information on the web site, as well as engaging in Twitter. Look for more changes over the next few weeks.
- Seeing how newsletters have not been published for a while, these have been moved to the Newsletter Archive.
Older news that once appeared in this section has been moved to the News Archive.
A supplementary section contains rides calendars for various clubs and BUGs in the Boroondara area and surrounding suburbs. The supplementary section is not archived on this web site.
See the Rides page also.
These feeds represent the views of a variety of groups - some of whom we can relate to and others, from time to time, we cannot. Of course in this country, you can make up your own mind. Use Ctrl F5 in most browsers to fully refresh the feeds, as needed. Use key F11 for a better view.
To display feeds on your website, have a look here.
Up and coming events
Note: always check the details directly with the organisers just in case changes or errors have occurred. In the calendar below, click on the little down arrow (far right hand side, past the Agenda tab), to select your view of the world. See also our calendar maintained especially for our Affiliates.
To display these calendars on your website, have a look here. Then stick this code into your page. Search for new calendars.